Skoda Superb 1.8 Tsi DSG - Questions

I just picked up a 160 HP Superb Elegance with the 7 Speed dry clutch DSG gear box.

Why did i buy it when i already knew that this isnt the most reliable gear box ?  It was brilliant to use in the test drive and i was informed that there is no report of the box failing (at least here) after the mineral oil fix and "better mechatronic" unit.  Sounds lame? Yes. ! but i really liked the car and it was well maintained by the previous owner. It has done about 70k kms.

So being a new Superb owner, this is what i have to say about the car.

1) The Engine is Brilliant, picks up speed very quickly, its surprisingly torquey for a petrol. 

2) The Electric  Leather seats, Touch screen (Bolero) and MFD are nice to have.

3) rear legroom is excellent

4) The window blinds are very very useful here (35-40 C)

5) Very quick gear box, and its even better with the paddles. 

6) ESP, Sunroof, TPMS, and all these goodies makes me feel better about that. Fully loaded !

Negatives 

1) Fuel efficiency is not the best, coming from an Octavia mk2 1.9 Diesel. 

2) The car vibrates at second gear in D mode, but doesn't vibrate in manual mode 

3) footwell lights in the front driver side is not working.

4) the needle of the RPM meter is not illuminated (the while light for the needle itself)

I was told by the Service Adviser that the car has the mechatronic  unit already replaced with mineral oil. And that i should not expect any issues from the gearbox. But the 2nd gear vibration scares me, again, the service adviser claims its just the clutch which is wearing out. Should i buy that ? Given the reputation of Skoda Dealers in India !

Would be grea if you guys can advice on what i should be doing to fix these issues , and before that if they are fixable in the first place. These things aside im thoroughly enjoying the car.

the way out. You should try to get fixed under warranty assuming car is covered by some form of warranty.

Sadly no. The car is not covered under any form of warranty. But in case of the mrvjatronic failure , the dealership said they will place it under Good will. But not the clutch pack. Considering that the car has done over 70,000 kms and its almost 5 years old.

Sadly no. The car is not covered under any form of warranty. But in case of the mrvjatronic failure , the dealership said they will place it under Good will. But not the clutch pack. Considering that the car has done over 70,000 kms and its almost 5 years old.

I meant "Mechatronic Failure" 

• 1 month later...

My car was hit by a flood recently and the electric seats and blutooth module refused to work . More on that here. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/297052-superb-electric-drivers-seat-issue/?p=4463565 And we somehow managed to get the seats working.

But after unplugging the battery for few hours, the DSG shuddering problem i have mentioned in this Thread earlier is gone. Guess, its the DSG memory which was creating all the confusion.

Hope it helps

Jeno

Edited by jenodgr8