Rear wiper motor - note there are two!

Having driven this week with wipers that decide to jump into life for no reason I started to do some obvious dismantling. The main clue was the rear wiper wouldn't turn off but the fronts would (however, when running they decided to choose a speed)

I took the rear panel out and disconnected the wiper motor. This cured things at the front straight away. New motor ordered and removed old motor (be careful where spindle passes through glass, mine was quite seized there).

So new motor arrives, offer it up, tighten it up then realise water outlet Is different than the one removed. Speak to motor factors.....there are two motor types, according to the factor chap they changed around March 05 to the later design......

Point of note I guess in case any of you are ordering or need to in future.

Edited by Rocketeers

• 6 months later...

Late reply, but thanks for the info.  My rear wiper motor went up (literally) in smoke a few weeks ago after the front wipers came on all by themselves. I had to remove the fuse quick-sharp.  I'm still to get it replaced when I've sorted the other problem!

Is it a tricky job (when you have the right part?!) ?

Nah easy, swapped mine out a few years back.  Hardest part is getting the boot trim back on properly ;)

I've heard that!  Do you remember what the part cost you?  I'm hoping it's just the motor that's gone on mine and that any wiring hasn't been damaged from the eruption of smoke (and presumably heat).