Hoping to restore my 2003 ambient 90bhp

Hi all I've had Octavia since 2001great cars,but not without there foibles I see after trolling through posts here and my own experiences namely door electrics and difficult turbos,mine has just gone through a year of expensive brake issues to find out it was the servo all the time

Edited by Topcal33

Can anyone help with the problem of rear windows not operating by there own switches or drivers door,I've heard it could be broken wires at drivers door but before I go in with scalpel does anyone know specifically what colour they are

its very easy to peel back the rubber gaiter, then maybe peel away the loom covering to expose the bunch of wires within the area..

Close examination should reveal any wires with cracked insulation, a broken one will be obvious.

I repaired mine with a crimping tool and heat shrink tube and never needed to remove the door card, it was a wee bit tight and fiddly but do-able. 

If I remember correctly, on both rear doors, the thicker red wire was the culprit (window not winding down) and in both cases was completely broken and separated so easy to spot.

Cheers,  Terry