Reverse lights - left/right swapped

Figment

Today I had a reverse light bulb blow. Maxidot told me to check the one on the right, but it was the one on the left that had blown.

I replaced the failed bulb which cleared the fault.  Then I removed the right hand bulb to test, and sure enough, maxidot told me to check the one on the left.

How do I rectify this, so that maxidot reports the correct bulb in future? Is it simply a case of removing the trim panel from inside the boot lid and swapping the wiring, or something that needs coding?

A common fault on the Superb Twindoor, especially those that are getting older now.

I'm afraid you have the start in the infamous wiring fault between the saloon boot opening and the rear window. It will only get worse from here.

There is a known fault on the older cars where the wiring becomes stretched during the opening of the saloon boot lid. Eventually the wiring begins to fail resulting in several electrical issues that affect the rear of the car (the boot opening itself, rear lights, parking sensors, boot lights etc.).

See here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248844-bulb-failure-reports-wrong-side/?hl=%2Bbulb+%2Bwrong+%2Bside#entry3466313

Then see here on how to fix the wiring...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286139-superb-twindoor-wiring-fix/

Edited by silver1011

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, bumdiddlymchine said:

Did you ever resolve this? Ive had the warning light appear twice and twice seems to have sorted itself out with out changing amy bulbs??......... 

Hi

As I suspected the left/right wires had been switched when the wiring around the twindoor was repaired.  Was a simple task to switch them back, and now if a bulb is out, maxidot reports the side correctly.

More recently I've had a number of warning lights saying to check rear left sidelight, and each time no fault was found.  I resorted to swapping out all of the W5W bulbs with new ones and so far I've not had the fault again