Estate Boot size

Hi have a 190 estate on order and I know the boot is big 650 liters or so, I have looked in the boot and ye it's bigger than anything else I have looked at which is what I want. Two questions please. 1) can you fold the rear seat bench up towards the drivers / passenger seats before lowering the seat backs, I have looked at loads of picks but cannot see if you can do this. 2) has anyone got the internal dimensions width and length wise of the estate both with and without the rear seats collapsed. Again I have looked but can not see the answers to my questions. I thank you in anticipation.

Will be getting mine on Friday and have been looking for some of the same information without any luck.

I need the distance from back of seat when in the normal position at a height of 24cm to the tailgate, as I have a box which goes along the back.

Happy to help at the weekend, if you have not had any luck.

Like you, moving from Mondeo to Superb.

Take a look here:

at 34 min.

This guy gives excellent reviews.  Thanks very much.

Edited by vrskeith

That rear seat arrangement is on my S2 estate and the floor is flat all the way through.

It is different on the S3.

The seat sqab is fixed and only the seat backs fold. Hence the slight raised lip on the floor.

We too moved from a Mondeo (2008 Mk4) to the Superb 3.

The Superb 3 boot is big, no denying, but I don't think it's much bigger than the Mondeo was, not by the amount the specs for the two cars would have you believe anyway.

Yes unfortunatly seat squabs are fixed, I believe it's something to do with Isofix.

If you want a flat floor you need to remove the headrests, makes a big difference.

The estate is much bigger than a Mondeo especially the new one, in fact I can get as much if not a little more in it than I could on my previous E class, which although was wider is also lower than the S3

I do load it up as the pictures show!

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

Edited by philsmith

Estate boot is 1170mm long, 1000mm wide (between wheel arches). Height is 580mm to parcel shelf & 800mm to roof - that's without variable boot floor.

Bassically, boot is long & deep but not very wide!

My current XC60 boot is 960 long x 1130 wide

Mondeo is 1148 long x 1140 wide

• 5 months later...

Estate boot is 1170mm long, 1000mm wide (between wheel arches). Height is 580mm to parcel shelf & 800mm to roof - that's without variable boot floor.

I suppose "without variable boot floor" means that 800 mm is the max height of the boot? Does someone have the boot height when the variable boot floor is in the upper position?