Octavia Scout 2011 (mkII face lift) CR140 DSG For Sale

ickleginge

• June 2011
  • 41262 miles
  • Full comprehensive service history
  • MOT 04.03.16
  • 2 Owners prior to me (One of these was the Skoda dealer)
  • DSG (6 speed with paddles)
  • 4X4
  • AFS Xenons (They turn with steering inputs)
  • Retrofit MDI (You can plug in an ipod)
  • Remap by Richard Washbrook (Equivalent of a CR170 engine)
  • Front Powerflex console bushes (Makes turn in crisper and reduces wheel hop)
  • Rear Ultra Racing anti-roll bar (Makes it go around bends better)

The basic story goes:

I spent a year looking for the right spec / condition DSG Octavia Scout mkII face lift diesel with 23520 miles on it. I found my car at a Skoda dealer which was ex demo and sold to an older chap, who had it serviced and then traded it back in at the same dealer. I put Vag Com on the car at purchase and found the a/c was empty and a wing mirror adjuster needed resetting. The dealer replaced the a/c condenser and re-gassed the a/c, plus reset the mirror on purchase. I have since fitted a metal mesh in front of the condenser as this is a common stone damage area. A few months after purchase whilst covering 140 mile a day cross country runs the front end started rumbling terribly. My local dealer diagnosed and changed both front wheel bearings under warranty, and re-balanced both front wheels. I put this warranty issue down to the low mileage and type of driving by the previous owner.

The car has been cared for mechanically much more than the previous owner or Skoda, by my own hands with genuine service parts. The dealer changed the engine oil on sale at 23523miles, I replaced the air, pollen, and fuel filters which were all black, and put a new battery on the very next day. A subsequent large service at 32600 miles also included (the commonly much lacking) Haldex oil change, front and rear diff oil changes, DSG gear oil change and normal service. The last regular service was this January at 40757 miles. Whilst in my ownership the engine oil is always allowed to reach at least 80 degrees before using revs or boost.

You may tell that I bought this car to keep and run till it's end. Unfortunately / fortunately for me, a recent change in job also brought with it the addition of a van for daily use. I therefore can not justify a car that gets little or no use, or takes up valuable drive space. My loss could be your gain?

The good:

• Clean solid car with the correct service history so far.
  • DSG with paddles for those who like A-roads and have dodgy left knees like me.
  • Remapped by the right man for smoothness and economy.
  • 4X4 for well...the winter.
  • Xenons.
  • Underrated Chassis with plenty of space.

The bad:

• Marks in the rear n/s bumper (Where there on purchase).
  • Advisory on the MOT for wear on two back tyres (These wheels came off the front prior to geometry set up).
  • Engine falls under the VW emissions mess (not a mandatory recall issue).
  • Swirl marks in the front windscreen (looks like someone tried to remove scratches, again there on purchase).

Pictures can be found HERE

Interior pictures will follow after a vacuum and dust...

Located near Canterbury Kent.

£9500 ono

gallery_7567_1976_259599.jpg

Edited by ickleginge
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...