Code Reader

Can someone please advise me witch code reader to buy for my car octy 1.8 t xlsi 2000

I've seen different ones on e bay saying they will read it but want to know that it will work money's tight so need to buy the right one as cheap as possible.

thanks in advance Jason

Hi jason. i bought a code reader off ebay last year. d900 universal obd2. ebay item number 110877986674 . It does the basics and you can reset eml light too. Pretty good and if you shop around you should find one between £12-15.works on my 04 octy vrs.

I think I got one of those, about the same money, can't remember exact name but it's orange. Gives generic codes and came with a booklet with them all listed. I keep it in the glovebox just in case anything happens out on the road, and vcds on the laptop at home.

Yeah same here handy bit of kit for the money does the basics and the vcds for the more complicated stuff lol

They are a bargain and they soon pay for themselves when you think it could cost 30 quid to stop at a garage just for a code read.