Hard acleeration hesitation

Hi I have a mk1 vrs 54 plate octavia.

When I slowly press on the gas pedal my car goes well. But when I plant my foot to the floor at 3000rpm till 4000rpm I get a hesitation in acceleration some times really bad and sometimes not so bad. Then after 4000rpm it picks up again. I've had it read on vcds and no faults was found apart frof SAI incorrect pressure due to the n249 being bypassed and not the SAI REMOVED.

SAI can be mapped out..... or remove it. I have N249 delete, my SAI is still there, but its mapped out on my stage one map. I mean to remove it at some point, I have the blanking plate....

Edited by sharkrider

Sounds a bit like mine at the moment, if i feed the throttle i gradually its fine but under load its seems to misfire or choke.    Currently im still searching, the latest suggestion from a kind forum member is the fuel filter.  Not sure im up to that myself but it could be as normally when starting from cold it seems fine for a short while.

Mine was a bit like this when I bought it. All I did was replace the MAF and the dump valve with a Forge, and have a Revo remap done at JKS in Portsmouth. Problem disappeared completely, and has never come back in five years....

For what it's worth, I've heard a similar problem on a few standard cars on this forum - and it appears that a remap sorts it out.

Same as I said on another similar post recently.

Get a smoke test done and check for any degrading pipes that collapse or leak under boost. Clean up the TB with some carb cleaner as these can get sticky. Other common problem is the recirc valve - you can go forge but standard is fine unless running silly boost and can be had for peanuts.