Where did this come from, found in drivers footwell?

Does anyone recognise this? I found it in the drivers footwell below the brake pedal when giving the carpets a brush. It's made of fairly soft rubber and looks to me as some sort of buffer.

I can't see any sign of where it could have come from under the dashboard or the pedals but can't imagine where else it could have come from.

It's really bugging me now.

post-59077-0-76112800-1463495893_thumb.jpgpost-59077-0-63964100-1463495930_thumb.jpg

Haha, I found one of these a few years ago in my Octavia - the current owner (Timmyboy) may well have found it in the Jumbo Box, cos I think I left it in there - I had no idea what it was either until I read the above thread, but assumed it wasn't crucial as nothing had gone wrong with the car.

Cheers Nick.

Thanks Nickgpfc.

At least I now know for sure it's off the car. Will have a look tomorrow and try to see where it comes from.

Can't imagine why it's suddenly become dislodged. The only thing that's been done to the car in the last month is a Hunter alignment, prior to that it was laid up for 4 months while I was abroad.