Canton Sub inactive when playing 5.1 surround

Hi guys,

Stuck this in the tech forum too but no answers there so thought I'd come here instead.

Having read people complaining about the rear speakers in the Superb III, I'd defended Canton suggesting they might just be intended as rear surrounds for when playing 5.1 surround from say a DVD. Tonight I decided to test that out and sure enough they appear to play the surround channel but to my dismay, the sub did nothing! I was playing a Faithless DVD and if you go into settings from media and then DVD settings you can select the language. It has stereo, DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1. Was impressed to see that it had DTS as an option but no sub playing on either 5.1 option - only stereo and even then it is very low bass compared to straight audio.

Does anyone know their stuff on this or fancy trying to replicate my issue? If I am even in the right forum for this. Let me know your thoughts anyway.

Thanks team!

Thanks. Would be interested to know what you think. Not sure I'd say the sub is feeble though? What are you used to? I've come from a 12" Genesis sub and am really impressed with what this little 6" is capable of. Just wish I could get someone to wrap the car in sound deadening - but with it being a lease car I'm not inclined to spend that money on 3 years of ownership. Would make such a difference though. Anyway, pretty sure the sub is not working as the same track on an audio source is much better. I should try a different DVD maybe so will give that a go too. But yes, I was excited about 5.1 - not 5.0! It might only be a 0.1 but I happen to think that 0.1 is exceptionally important!!