PID question

Jiffy176

Hi all,

I got a second hand pid for my new Citigo which I reset with Fresh and was running fine with the car.

Driving to work last night out of nowhere the total mileage, average fuel consumption and total time driving all reset to zero.

I didn't touch anything in the car and the odometer on the car and trip are unchanged.

It's rather annoying so I've ended up using the per trip information rather than long term.

Has anyone else had this and is there a way of getting the old values or really the total mileage back? I thought it was fed data from the ECU?

Thanks.

Jiff.

The long term memory resets itself automatically after a set distance or trip time, in my manual it says "any number of individual journeys up to a total of 19 hours and 59 minutes driving or 1,999 kilometres driven" - don't know if UK cars have a different limit for miles or whether it's a straight km/miles conversion

• Like 1

The long term memory resets itself automatically after a set distance or trip time, in my manual it says "any number of individual journeys up to a total of 19 hours and 59 minutes driving or 1,999 kilometres driven" - don't know if UK cars have a different limit for miles or whether it's a straight km/miles conversion

That'll be it then. I checked the U.K. Manual and it says it will reset after a prolonged period in line with memory 2. This will be stated in the car Manual

As it happened It could have been time as I think we were nearing 20 hours driving.

Thanks for the input.