Hello from a to-be Octavia owner (hopefully)

GainfulShrimp

I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Seat Leon mk2 tree-hugger, which has done an awful lot of miles.

My instinct was another Leon, but it appears that the equipment lists have been brutally pared back for recent models. For instance, basic stuff like climate control is only standard on FRs or Cupras now, it appears... which makes it tricky to find a used one with the toys I want.

Skodas, on the other hand, seem to be pretty generous with kit for each trim level.  :)

My wife has changed from a huge car to a mid-size hatch recently, so I'm looking for a big-ish family car for those occasional trips to the airport or tip with a boot full of stuff.

I need it to be mega-economical, as my long commute means I do ~28k miles per year.  My 1.6 CR Leon Ecomotive has been great in that regard - I'm currently averaging about 60-62mpg over a tank (real figures, calculated with the Road Trip app).

I like the styling of the latest generation Octavia Estate, so the Greenline III version of that is currently top of my list.

I have a couple of questions about it, but will post those in the Octavia forum. 

Thanks!

Thanks Freedom. :)

I've put a deposit on a really nice spec one: an SE Business Greenline III inc Columbus sat-nav, Canton speakers, Bi-xenons, Park Assist, auto-dimming mirror, hill hold, Sunset glass, rain/light sensors etc etc!  

I think the only things it hasn't got are Adaptive Cruise Control / Front Assist (not available on the Greenline as the radar on the front would mess with the tweaked aero, I'm guessing), electric folding mirrors (which I'll miss as I have them on my Leon mk2) and the lane-monitoring thingey.

Can't wait to get it now... :D

• Like 1

Thanks Superb170 (sorry for calling you Freedom - I'm still getting used to the forum styling lol). I was really chuffed to find it, as I've hardly seen any Greenline IIIs with bi-xenons, let alone all the other goodies. 

It was apparently an ex-Skoda UK management car, so I can imagine they don't pay quite as much for options as normal customers, and thus ticked every box they could see! ;)

• Like 1