'ow be, just another Skoda 'newbe'.

GlawsterIB

I will be another 'newbe' from Nov 1st, but I have taken the Skoda route before.

My 1st was an L&K Octavia (04 reg.) from 2008 until 2015. Changed to a French brand last year, it's been trouble free, but fancy an auto for me dodgy knees, so my 1st choice was another Skoda.

My 04 did about 40K in 7+ years, no problems at all, I probably should have kept it instead of changing at 11 years old. 

It was a 130 bhp, 6 speed motor, totally faultless, and good for 60 mpg on a run.

Looked for another Octavia last week, but an auto box this time, a real coincidence, but my local dealership had a 6 year old L&K auto, 45K miles and fsh.

With a 2 year warranty, AA breakdown and recovery, and a 2 year servicing package thrown in, I was an easy catch!

Roll on Nov 1st, when I hope to be a Skoda enthusiast once more, I'm coming home!

• Like 1

Thank you 'superb170'.

Half the deal completed today!

I took my P/X in because the road (theft) tax runs out at midnight.

I have a lift sorted for tomorrow am, then tax the Skoda online at the dealer, the insurance is active from midnight, and hopefully new wheels to clean as of lunchtime-ish  tomorrow.

Absolutely no doubts at this stage about being a Skoda owner again, after all, it's only an Audi with a Skoda badge! 

Can't wait to go out for a drive tomorrow night, and test them Xenon's out, I had them on the 04 model, brilliant lights, but probably even better on the 2010 model.

Roll on tomorrow, and I'll be back into the Skoda 'family'.

• Like 1

Part 2 completed.

A lovely, black, Octavia auto estate, is on my drive.

I took a longer route home than was necessary, as you do!

An automatic box, why did I not try an auto box years and years ago?

The wife and I has a little run planned for it today, but still not absorbed all the info in the hand book.

• Like 1

Hello, from me... 

Silly question... ( new to Skoda... ) what is L&K ?

I'll keep a eye out for a shiny black estate then... :happy:

L&K stands for Laurin and Klement.  It is the highest spec trim level available from Skoda and can be found in many of the model variants - Octavia, Yeti, Superb for example.  This trim level sits above what is already a very high spec (i.e. the Elegance/Style SE L again depending on which model and generation you have) and has a few special luxury features not usually found in the rest of the range.   Laurin and Klement are the surnames of the founders - well in actual fact, Laurin and Klement existed originally as a separate company and was bought by Skoda around the 1920s......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Auto

• Like 2

L&K stands for Laurin and Klement.  It is the highest spec trim level available from Skoda and can be found in many of the model variants - Octavia, Yeti, Superb for example.  This trim level sits above what is already a very high spec (i.e. the Elegance/Style SE L again depending on which model and generation you have) and has a few special luxury features not usually found in the rest of the range.   Laurin and Klement are the surnames of the founders - well in actual fact, Laurin and Klement existed originally as a separate company and was bought by Skoda around the 1920s......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Škoda_Auto

L & K, for a comparison think Rolls (&) Royce !!

Edited by GlawsterIB
  • Like 2