Gapinsurance123 In Liquidation

Falmouthboy

I've just had a letter from Grant Thornton informing me that Enterprise Insurance trading as gapinsurance123 with whom my Yeti have gone into liquidation. So - I need to get gap in place quickly. I've dropped a message to David at GAPInsurance.co.uk in the hope that they can cover me in spite of the car no longer being new. Otherwise it would appear that I (along with other policy holders) am stuffed. Premium lost, which I'd bad enough, but possibly also not able to obtain replacement cover due to the age of the car.

• Sponsor

Enterprise Insurance (Gibraltar based) and another provider, Gable Insurance (Liechtenstein based), have both gone recently. Though I thought there were rumours of a rescue deal for Enterprise.

Here's some helpful info for Enterprise clients - https://www.eigplc.com/q_and_a.php

Edited by ChrisKnottIns

I've just spoken with gapinsurance123. It would appear that my cover is still 'good' and the Grant Thornton letter is misleading and shouldn't have been sent to gapinsurance123 customers. Whilst some Enterprise policies are now 'toast' gapinsurance123 policies aren't. The policies and cover has been transferred to another company and policy holders will soon receive a letter giving details of the new underwriters.

• 3 weeks later...

My GAP insurance was with Gap Direct, part of Enterprise and I received the Grant Thornton letter. I have just received notification that the policy has been taken over and there is no loss of premium or cover. So, as someone once said, "It's turned out nice again"

My GAP insurance was with Gap Direct, part of Enterprise and I received the Grant Thornton letter. I have just received notification that the policy has been taken over and there is no loss of premium or cover. So, as someone once said, "It's turned out nice again"

Just received my letter too. All is now good.