2x rear facing child seats

Hi,

Does anyone have 2 rear facing child seats (Maxi-Cosi 2 way Pearl) in the back of their Octy?  If so how tall is the driver and what space is there to spare behind the drivers seat?  Easy enough to get one behind the passenger seat but it'll be a large car that takes one behind the driver too.  

We have newborn twins.  Currently fine in the back of the Mazda 6 in their newborn carriers however I will be changing car next year and the girls will be moving up to rear facing toddler seats.  I'm looking to go back to VAG as I want DSG in the next car however I'm a little concerned about getting the 2nd seat behind the driver......  I just manage the baby carriers in the Mazda however I expect the toddler seats to take more space whilst rear facing.  I'm sure they'd go into a Superb but want to see what other options there are out there.

I will most likely end up getting at least one seat before purchasing the new car and take it round the dealerships trying cars until I find one that fits!

Cheers!  

I've got a maxi cosi rear facer on an isofix base behind me, but I'm only 5'11".

Probably 15cm space between seat and my seat.

The Octavia is big in the back, Superb has even more space.

Other cars were hopeless, had to drive with your face on the steering wheel...lol

Edited by glosrich
  • Like 1

A Superb could be your friend.

We're at the grandchildren stage now and recently got rid of a Mini Countryman for an Octavia to gain much more space.

I'm always swapping child seats around. In. Out. From Octavia to Superb depending on who is travelling. Ages form 9 down to 18 months.

A Superb can't be beaten for rear leg room. Oh, the boot space proves pretty handy for family holidays too. Immense.

• Like 2

^^ agreed on that. The Octy ought to be big enough - I'm a tick under 6 feet and there is a clear foot of floor space behind my seat, but there's no substitute for testing. Take the buggy / pram while you're at it and see how easily it fits in the boot.

- Bret

Hi,

Does anyone have 2 rear facing child seats (Maxi-Cosi 2 way Pearl) in the back of their Octy?  If so how tall is the driver and what space is there to spare behind the drivers seat?  Easy enough to get one behind the passenger seat but it'll be a large car that takes one behind the driver too.  

We have newborn twins.  Currently fine in the back of the Mazda 6 in their newborn carriers however I will be changing car next year and the girls will be moving up to rear facing toddler seats.  I'm looking to go back to VAG as I want DSG in the next car however I'm a little concerned about getting the 2nd seat behind the driver......  I just manage the baby carriers in the Mazda however I expect the toddler seats to take more space whilst rear facing.  I'm sure they'd go into a Superb but want to see what other options there are out there.

I will most likely end up getting at least one seat before purchasing the new car and take it round the dealerships trying cars until I find one that fits!

Cheers!  

We've got two Britax First Class Plus seats in the back of ours, we also have newborn twin boys. I'm 6ft and there is about 1-2 inches behind my seat before it touches the child seat. Both are in the fully reclined position (obviously). If you would like a pic let me know and i'll take one in the morning before work tomorrow.

• Like 1

We've got two Britax First Class Plus seats in the back of ours, we also have newborn twin boys. I'm 6ft and there is about 1-2 inches behind my seat before it touches the child seat. Both are in the fully reclined position (obviously). If you would like a pic let me know and i'll take one in the morning before work tomorrow.

Thanks,  Pic would be great if you have the time.  No rush,  

I'm hoping they will go into the Octy as if they don't my list of car choices will be very limited without going into MPV/SUV territory as I'd imagine only the A6/E Class/5 Series would be able to get close on space.  

Thanks,  Pic would be great if you have the time.  No rush,  

I'm hoping they will go into the Octy as if they don't my list of car choices will be very limited without going into MPV/SUV territory as I'd imagine only the A6/E Class/5 Series would be able to get close on space.  

Check out the dimensions compared to mine, if they are same or smaller they will definitely fit. Will take a pic when I can.

Octy is an absolute beast when you consider inner to outer dimensions ratio; not much smaller than superb's I've had.

If those seats don't go to Octy, I'm not sure where else would they fit ;)

So far my 2 boys are happily cruising in 2 almost identical front-facing Recaro Monza Nova Isofix 2 seats (ridiculous wide things if you ask me, but kids are happy).

Now however, I'm just about to escalate the problem +1; in some 5 months to be more exact. Yep...a Sharan/Alhambra may be called in to assist my little Octy, which may prove, I'm afraid a bit small for a 2+3 "setup" :/

Edited by wlange

Easiest option, pop into a local dealers and try a seat in the back of a display car.

When I bought my car from Skoda Reading, a couple turned up with a full sized cello, to see if it would fit. People have different criteria for selecting cars :)

Thanks all,  encouraging to think there are plenty of choices.  

Agreed, a proper test in a dealership seems the way to go.  Time to work on that shortlist.  

:-)

Easiest option, pop into a local dealers and try a seat in the back of a display car.

When I bought my car from Skoda Reading, a couple turned up with a full sized cello, to see if it would fit. People have different criteria for selecting cars :)

Nothing quite like trying it out for size. A friend many years ago needed to find a small hatchback to accommodate 2 teenagers plus a tuba! The Octy 3 has more space than the Octy 2.

Nothing quite like trying it out for size. A friend many years ago needed to find a small hatchback to accommodate 2 teenagers plus a tuba! The Octy 3 has more space than the Octy 2.

Agreed, my MK3 feels cavernous compared to my MK2!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a 

Hi,

Cheers!  

Here is a photo of the two britax first plus seats in the back of our car, best I can get atm sorry.

https://goo.gl/photos/etvr1CcXfG3bgpGYA 

• Like 1

Thanks, most helpful.  

Doesn't look like there is a lot of spare space but they are in! 

I'm 6ft and the seat only touches the seats in the back if I angle the seats back, the wife is not 6ft but likes the leg room so both seats are set at my driving position, if you are shorter than me you'll have a few inches of space easy. (These are the 0-4 years seats so bigger than the 0-12 months). Hope it helps if I can get another picture sometime I will.

I'm 6ft and the seat only touches the seats in the back if I angle the seats back, the wife is not 6ft but likes the leg room so both seats are set at my driving position, if you are shorter than me you'll have a few inches of space easy. (These are the 0-4 years seats so bigger than the 0-12 months). Hope it helps if I can get another picture sometime I will.

No need for more pictures, I'm just trying to get an idea if fitting the seats is a possibility, which it is.  Using infant seats ATM, but its making sure the toddler seats fit in a year or so that I'm interested in as I will change car before we start using them.  I'm sure I will end up just getting a seat and trying various cars in the dealership. 

We went away at Xmas and the pram base, 2x carry cots (that collapse), 2x 70l bags for the girls and 2x 40l bags for SWMBO and I plus assorted sterilizers, presents, etc completely filled the Mazda 6.  No trouble fitting it in but not a lot of spare space.  For that reason I'm leaning towards a Superb anyway.  I see it as either Superb + roof box for 1 or 2 times a year or Octy plus roof box for long weekends.  I'm really keen to avoid an MPV of any kind.  They make sense but they're so miserable.  

No need for more pictures, I'm just trying to get an idea if fitting the seats is a possibility, which it is.  Using infant seats ATM, but its making sure the toddler seats fit in a year or so that I'm interested in as I will change car before we start using them.  I'm sure I will end up just getting a seat and trying various cars in the dealership. 

We went away at Xmas and the pram base, 2x carry cots (that collapse), 2x 70l bags for the girls and 2x 40l bags for SWMBO and I plus assorted sterilizers, presents, etc completely filled the Mazda 6.  No trouble fitting it in but not a lot of spare space.  For that reason I'm leaning towards a Superb anyway.  I see it as either Superb + roof box for 1 or 2 times a year or Octy plus roof box for long weekends.  I'm really keen to avoid an MPV of any kind.  They make sense but they're so miserable.  

I agree that's why we went with an Octy, it has a load of boot space, plus you can have a box on the roof if needed. We have a tandem stroller (City Select) with two bassinets and they fit in the boot with space for shopping. I'm fairly sure there isn't much space wise between the Superb and the Octavia, but either way at least you know the seats will fit. :)