Time to say goodbye

Big S

After nearly 50000 miles of fun with my silver vRS estate it's time to move on. Malcolm was named after the TV advert for Tunes - "course you can Malcolm" - because no matter the challenge he rose to it. Crossing the Pyrenees on the way home from Spain with a boot full of Rioja. Blasting round the back roads of Hampshire. Making the drive to work more fun than it should have been. Overtaking in a flash. Averaging 40mpg overall (on shell nitro of course) and never sipping more than just a little bit of oil.

I took the advice from everyone on this forum and swapped the headlights for xenons which stopped night driving being scary. I also swapped to Goodyear 4Seasons winter tyres on some nice Dezent alloys for the cold weather and enjoyed less noise and a much comfier ride which compensated for slightly less grip. (I've got them still - just put them on eBay).

I am missing the little chap. I hope his next owner enjoys him as much as I did.

• Like 3