Central Locking Problem

CIVI

Octavia 2.0 Ambient estate 2002

Went to unlock the car the other day when all but the drivers door would open. After locking and opening a number of times it appears that only the drivers door is effected. The catch will not move at all. I am assuming this may be an actuator/motor problem?

I would be mosst grateful for any advise offered from other members. Is this an easy job to do and any idea as to what it might cost.

thanks

CIVI

Thanks for your reply

From what I can see the red LED is permanently 'on' (NOT FLASHING) but it is not as bright as it usually is.

Is this good news or bad news?

I had a go at removing the door trim yesterday, they are certainly well built (shame about reliability). I had to stop at the point where the foam sheet covers the back of the door. I may continue when the weather warms up, this is assuming that it is only the lock/actuator and not the so called 'convinience box'.

Thanks

CIVI

By way of an update - Went to unlock the car this evening and noticed that the fault with the locking had disappeared. The car is (for now) locking and un-locking as normal. Just noticed another post tonight regarding the exact same problem. Is this a common problem?

CIVI