ALAN47

Alan47

I am hardwiring a dashcam. However, there is no easy location for the earth, as most of the support structure in the cabin appears to be plastic. Any suggestions, please

Hi,

if you look under the dash on fusebox/steering column side there is a metal bracket that supports the heater box, various trims are screwed into it on the lower dash, I unscrewed a screw (torx 20) and put a ring terminal inbetween screw and spire clip (threaded clip), this satisfactory earthed my dash cam. I believe the metal frame is part of dashboard supporting structure and is bolted to chassis. Obviously I'm going on about my own 1.0 s Fabia so there may be some variations, hopefully it points you in the right direction.

There is a thread somewhere from a few months back about how to hardwire a nextbase (use search bar) dashcam. I followed it to the T and it's been perfect. Photos etc show exactly where to earth it.. quite an easy job.