Racechip or remap...?

Hi,

I got a Fabia 1.2 tsi 90 and thinking about chiptuning..

I know there are already threads about this, but I can´t really figure out what to choose...

What is best for the car? Some say a box can cause problems and damage the engine and so on..

I know I´d get the best result from putting the car on a dyno and remap, but that isn´t really an option for me, cause the car is almost brand new and the Skoda workshop might overwrite the software on a service later on, so that would be a waste of money.

So that leaves me with something like bsr or racechip, bsr got a hand unit so you can reload the map into the car if it gets overwritten, but it´s pretty expensive..

Racechip is a bit cheaper and sounds interesting cause, after what I understand, it leaves no trace of the tuning if you remove it from the car, plus the phone app where you can choose different setups...

But my main concern is what´s best for the car...?

If you own the car and put it in for Servicing then you instruct them not to overwrite your Remap.

That is best for the car. Warranty maybe Void because you do not have Factory Approved Software.

Inform your Insurance of Modification.

The Tuning Boxes are not best for your engine, and yes you can remove them, and maybe undetectable.

But that not a certain if you have a Warranty Claim, because a Non Factory Approved Part was fitted.

Still inform your Insurance, so maybe as you have to do that, if you ever had a Warranty Claim the Warranty Company have the right to check 

so a Manufacturers Warranty can still be Void.

Best get a Good tried and tested Remap if you want better performance. IMO.

Best for the car is probably to do nothing :) but leave the car as stock.

I have the RaceChip PRO2, and I am very happy with the extra grunt provided by this little magic box (my car is a 110 ps, so your experience might be different).