accessing wiring loom for a car camera

citigirl

I have found the fuse box but there seems to be no spare wiring to tap into. I have a wiring kit for my car camera but finding wires which are accessible is difficult. please can anyone help me. I need an earth wire and a permanently live wire.

Are you sure that you need a permanent live connection? It is more usual to use a connection that is switched via the ignition so that the camera does not run the battery down.

On my Yeti I used the feed to the rear wiper.

Fred

It is for a car camera. The device  to wire in the camera to the car ( NOT use the cigarette lighter) comes with some sort of protection not to drain the car battery. The camera can record when the vehicle is parked. There are 3 wires, earth and two live wires, one of which has to go to a permanently live wire. I thought about taking out the radio, but the car wasn't supplied with the keys to get it out.