dashboard face level vent removal

Hi all, looking for info or  a how to remove the drivers side dash air vent as 3 of the flaps are broken and are out of sync and  need replacement. I see pictures on the net that there are 4 spring clips but tried unsuccessfully  for an hour to remove without destroying the dash in the process. What is the trick required to remove? Thanks all....

Do you mean the one next to the wing mirror or the one in the centre of the dash? I think the one in the centre is part of the top box assembly and the whole unit can be removed by prising it up from the front edge to release the clips. Its probably then possible to access the vent from behind. 

Hi , its the drivers side one next to the wing mirror . It is held by 4 sprinv clips but they seem impossible to remove without damage.

Did this by accident almost last year cos I was fiddling trying to get it out to get summat behind or something; pretty sure if you take the light switch out you can get a better grip on pushing it out BUT it was a bit brute force as well. Once it's out it became apparent that it's fairly sturdy, just strongly clipped in. All from memory though, so don't take it 100%!