Recommended Suspension Set Up

Hi All,

My car has now done 123k and is starting to feel tired in the suspension area with a few knocks and I am able to feel every bump in the road.

I am thinking of replacing the entire suspensions system. Has anyone done this and have any advise?

I would like a suspension system that is not hard so I don't feel every bump but also not wallowy so it corners well. 

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what kits are available and where to get them fitted?

Best Regards,

Ben

For improved cornering, Bilsteins B6 all round are best, monotubes so handling is much improved, comfort is preserved. But if the suspension knocks about then you also need a full set of wishbones and anti roll bar links, on Ebay for GBP250-300, make sure it fits your particular year of Superb, best kits are made by Delphi as they made the original suspension set. For my car, 2006 Superb, Delphi TC1900KIT fits.

Rear suspension can also be replaced relatively easily, you need new bushes.

Do not know where to get them fitted, I am still hesitating to touch stock suspension wishbones as full geometry setup can be pricey and more importantly, not many places know how to do adjust correctly for Passat/Superb (raised toe).

Edited by dieselV6
  • Like 1

I found just the B4 shocks to be a big improvement to the ride, not hard but very well supported into corners, but I'm not much of a driver's driver (do lots of miles, mind).  Were inexpensive as I bought them from GSF on one of their discount code days - I paid £140 but looks like the best you can do is £177 for all 4 corners at the moment with one of their weekend codes.

If you go for GSF watch em like hawks.  They will often try and switch brands on you.

I didn't have any knocks and still don't (at 205K!), but I do mostly dual carriageway miles.

You probably want to say where abouts you are if you're after useful suggestions of places to take your car.

Thanks Guys, 

Useful Info there.

I am in Wiltshire so anywhere there or Within an hour or so would be ok to travel.

If anybody has any recommendations on who they trust to fit the suspension it would be appreciated as always.

Thanks,

Ben