What have you done to your Superb III today?

There was a similar thread on the Golf GTI site I used to be on and I found it really interesting to see what other's had been up to. 

My car is due to be built this week (34) so I am counting down the days until I finally get it!

So what have you lot been up to? 

Spent yesterday prepping the BRB* for our 3,000 mile trip to Sicily. Wash and wax. Cleaned interior and boot. Looks beautiful. Those Alcantara seats buff up nice.

Checked fluids, topped up window washer. Must find a flat spot to check oil. Where I park, if you're on one side of the street the level is too high, the other side it's too low. And the offside front tyre was about 3 psi low, so I'll check it again in a couple days and see if a trip to KwikFit is a good idea. 36 psi all around. 

I've got 28 destinations programmed into the sat nav. I numbered them to keep them in chronological order.

I'm pretty excited about this trip. But, one concern is the size of the car. Great for carrying all your stuff, but having StreetViewed some of the places we'll be driving around in Italy, you understand why a Fiat 500 is a popular choice.

*Big Red Bus

• Like 2

@freelunch that sounds like a great trip! 

I love Italy but you're right about the size of their cars when you see how small some the towns are.

My wife's family originally come from a small town in Tuscany and the hired Seat Leon we had last time felt far too big! 

Have a great time and get some good photo's for the picture thread B)

Last time I was in Italy, it was two-up on a touring motorcycle. I didn't have to worry about narrow streets or parking, but cobbled u-turns on elevations in the wet were a real concern. I'm looking forward to the four-wheeled luxury. I expect the trickiest part will be negotiating the underground car parks.

My mother's family were from the Italian Alps. This is the furthest south we've been. I'm looking forward to a pizza Margherita in Napoli. Food photos...

• Like 2

I've been monitoring my tyre pressure, especially the OSF. It actually went up .5 psi today with the temperature, so it looks like I'm good to go.

I drove to the Tesco station for the Momentum 99. While stopped at a road works, a chap came to my window to ask what kind of car I was driving. "Looks great!" he said. Was surprised it was a Škoda, so nothing new there...

I was surprised to see it was three months since my last fill up! Only 31 mpg this time, but mostly it's been short urban trips to the market or garden centre. Should be much better over the next month.

7 minutes ago, juux said:

Nothing directly as yet, will see what next job comes with. Currently bimbling about in our second car, an Up. 

Ah ok. An Up is a great car! Let us know what you get next :thumbup:

On 04/09/2018 at 15:17, RichTea77 said:

Last night I fitted a DTUK tuning box.  What a difference.

Would you recommend the DTUK unit? My 2018 220 L&K drives really well but I do miss the power of my previous BMW 535d and I thought a tuning box might be a solution. Also has it had any effect on the throttle response as mine is a bit "woolly". Cheers Rich

We went for a little 200 mile drive.  Traffic was heavy on the A1 heading south but moving freely, hence an indicated 42.5 mpg and a tank range of 660 miles.  Not bad for 276 Czech ponies, the weight of a small naval frigate and all-season tyres. 

Edited by penguin17

27 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

We went for a little 200 mile drive.  Traffic was heavy on the A1 heading south but moving freely, hence an indicated 42.5 mpg and a tank range of 660 miles.  Not bad for 276 Czech ponies, the weight of a small naval frigate and all-season tyres. 

Wow. That's impressive! Are you racking up the miles? 

18 minutes ago, boydeee said:

Wow. That's impressive! Are you racking up the miles? 

Not really. 4K miles since May. I don’t commute daily but use the car around town then do a 400 mile round trip every 2-3 weeks. 

I usually get 34-37 mpg on the same journey.