Airbag light

Hi All,

Another problem! :)

I had the drivers side electric seat stop moving so I read on here an unplugged what I thought was the connector to reset the seat.

Turns out it was the airbag connector and I now have the airbag light on on the dash.

I have managed to find the 3 plugs under the seat which I unplugged and plugged back in again which has got the seat moving.

So I fixed one problem and created another.

Is the only way to remove the airbag light with the PROSCAN V400 which is circa £35 on ebay or VCDS (This seems to be about £500 on ebay???)? Is there any other way to turn the airbag light off (I have reconnected the connector).

Any advise appreciated. Car is due MOT soon so need to get this fixed asap.

Thanks,

Ben

2 minutes ago, Ben12345 said:

Thanks Gizmo, 

Much appreciated.

Looking at it it does not appear to come with a cable? What cable would I need and is there a guide anywhere on where to plug it into the car?

Thanks Again,

Ben

Doesn't show it there but it will come with a cable lol 

there's another though ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MaxiScan-VAG405-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-CAN-OBD2-Code-Reader-Tool-VW-Audi-/291515044066?hash=item43dfa690e2:g:DosAAOSwyQtVpIAp&autorefresh=true

18 minutes ago, Ben12345 said:

How much is VCDS out of interest? Is it worth the additional cost?

£270 for the one I have but it's discontinued now,there's a new version out,prices start at £350 for a 3 vin one 

there great kits,going to invest in the unlimited vin one in the next couple of weeks,it's £450,sounds expensive but worth it