Hi from South Wales

kezwald

Hi all, looking into getting my first Skoda either a Superb 3 SEL or Octy3 L&k and will post any queries shortly in the relevant section.

I have a 65 plate Ford Kuga TDCI Tit X AWD 180 which will be going in exchange for a shiny new Skoda.

I also have my beloved 08 plate Saab 9-3 TTid and continue being an active admin member on a Saab forum.

Hello kezwald welcome along to the Skoda forum :)has the saab  got the 1.9 fiat engine the same Vauxhall put in their car's a very good engine apart from the EGR like most Diesel these day's. 

hi Thanks for welcome.

the Saab is indeed based on the 1.9 JTD z19dth, fiat engine although it was the TTid twin turbo (actually a bi turbo) where as Vauxhall didn't adopt the bi turbo until approx 2012  in the insignia which was based on a 2.0l version before that it was just the 1.9 tid standard Fiat engine single turbo. The TTid had strengthened internals to cope with additional stresses/heat which was good to map. the common map was 210bhp but could be taken to just under 240bhp with a few noughties done i.e dpf removal, which also took it from the standard 400Nm over 460 Nm.

They did suffer from the EGR and the location of the DPF although partly due to the high gearing in 6th which a lot of people cant wait to get in.

Its a car that I cant part with tbh, shame same thing couldn't be said re the Kuga and looking forward to getting into a Skoda hoping to place an order next week sometime. 

On the Vauxhall version mated to the M32 gear box couldn't take that sort torque the Kuga did you have trouble with the four wheel drive the haldex AWD ford never serviced it  so the filter got blocked it over heated and failed they some how thought it didn't need changing filled for life .

The Saab and some Vauxhalls had the F40 box which was miles better agree the M32 was not the best all round the F40 coped pretty well as long as you didn't abuse it.

Not really any issues with the Kuga regards the Haldex or much else really as its 65 plate, just didn't like the car after the first week tbh and bugged me ever since with various niggles, that's why I'm chopping it in although have better price no p/x for it as selling private if buyer doesn't let me down and will be looking to do better deal on Skoda on a no px basis

The F40 was a much better box i think they have now sorted the out the M32 now they still use it i was on the point of buying a Kugar the father in law let me drive his Yeti that was it hooked  within two week's i owned one best car iv'd had in a long time .

13 hours ago, JED said:

The F40 was a much better box i think they have now sorted the out the M32 now they still use it i was on the point of buying a Kugar the father in law let me drive his Yeti that was it hooked  within two week's i owned one best car iv'd had in a long time .

Lucky escape then with F- In law letting you drive is imo