Front assist stop working

Welcome

I have a new superb from January to equipment Style. This weekend we went on vacation and the car is doing phenomenal, until the moment when we stopped somewhere that we bought wine for later party. 
The car went into start-stop situation and when I start up, I got a warning that Assistance help is not working. The car did not crash or anything even say 15 minutes before the ACC worked on highway.

Now the car has been in the service, and I started it off if I bumped the car somewhere, or be smashed in the parking lot, leaning against or who is leaning - I personally did nothing clear as this is done,
so to speak during operation. When he connected to the PC. it was written that the radar Moved: hmm:: hmm:: hmm: Moved from what ??? 
Now they will be implemented as a lens and if the car deviates from this setting which should I have to pay € 300 as a calibration of the sensor, otherwise it does not. 
But what will happen if we optics found nowhere hit by car, the car has only 7k mileage ... Unless the car wash so powerful that moves the sensor, but after cleaning it was still working, or he could fly bumped P; #

Does anyone know how it is in this process and what kle all about
Edited by Khalfani

1 minute ago, Khalfani said:

Welcome

I have a new superb from January to equipment Style. This weekend we went on vacation and the car is doing phenomenal, until the moment when we stopped somewhere that we bought wine for later party. 
The car went into start-stop situation and when I start up, I got a warning that Assistance help is not working. The car did not crash or anything even say 15 minutes before the ACC worked on highway.

Now the car has been in the service, and I started it off if I bumped the car somewhere, or be smashed in the parking lot, leaning against or who is leaning - I personally did nothing clear as this is done,
so to speak during operation. When he connected to the PC. it was written that the radar Moved: hmm:: hmm:: hmm: Moved from what ??? 
Now they will be implemented as a lens and if the car deviates from this setting which should I have to pay € 300 as a calibration of the sensor, otherwise it does not. 
But what will happen if we optics found nowhere hit by car, the car has only 7k mileage ... Unless the car wash so powerful that moves the sensor, but after cleaning it was still working, or he could fly bumped P; #

Does anyone know how it is in this process and what kle all about

Hi there, I had the same issue where I received an error that front assist wasn't working.  It is not uncommon as it is known to occur.  I had mine recalibrated and it has been perfect since.  See thread below.  This should be covered under warranty and they should not be charging for this.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/422522-front-assist-not-available/#comment-4865852

4 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

Hi there, I had the same issue where I received an error that front assist wasn't working.  It is not uncommon as it is known to occur.  I had mine recalibrated and it has been perfect since.  See thread below.  This should be covered under warranty and they should not be charging for this.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/422522-front-assist-not-available/#comment-4865852

Tenx I hope they repair it under warrenty cuz I ain't paying this s***. They drive me crazy cuz they want me to convince that I hit something. Ok I am young (30) but I have my rights. And I hope that they will repair it cuz my vacation will be about 5000km of driving to greece and back and with no ACC no go :D

A little update, on my service said that warrenty doesnt cover to reprogram this sensor, but they will try to find some arragment with skoda to fix the problem, cuz the problem showed during the driving. This happens when somebody hit you in front or you hit the bumper that's why they dont fix it under warrenty. they also said that can be a problem if somehow the leaf comes infront of the sensor. Today I will go on recalibration and I will se if I will have to pay anything. :(

But this is strange from skoda if there is no signs of crash or anything else they should admit they faulty meanwhile production. A little minus from skoda but on other hand the car is pure candy :)

29 minutes ago, Khalfani said:

A little update, on my service said that warrenty doesnt cover to reprogram this sensor, but they will try to find some arragment with skoda to fix the problem, cuz the problem showed during the driving. This happens when somebody hit you in front or you hit the bumper that's why they dont fix it under warrenty. they also said that can be a problem if somehow the leaf comes infront of the sensor. Today I will go on recalibration and I will se if I will have to pay anything. :(

But this is strange from skoda if there is no signs of crash or anything else they should admit they faulty meanwhile production. A little minus from skoda but on other hand the car is pure candy :)

That doesn't sound right to me.  There were certainly a few instances of this happening here in Ireland and it was recognised as a factory fault - I was informed that mine was never calibrated correctly when it was built.  They should easily determine if there was any crash damage (which clearly you don't have) so no question that this is covered under warranty.  Otherwise you are paying to fix a manufacturing fault!  I would push Skoda really hard to make sure you are not out of pocket.  Let us know what happens today.

Ok update to my problems. With a few fights over who will pay the recalibration on the end I win :). Now is it cuz they couldnt find any crash signs or any kind of damage on car I dont know. But for shore I told them why I have to pay for something that I didnt do, and maybe by mistake (anyone can make it) was build like that, only that last week car showed the problem. Is a little - for whole VAG company I think Skoda isnt the only mark with this kind of problem.

Now I am calibrated and done 20km with my ACC and it was working :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My dealership in Liverpool is asking for £340 approx to fix the ACC or Front assist sensors which have gone out of sync and need recalibrating. It's a 2017 Skoda Superb under warranty. There is no damage to the car apart from some light scratches on the side of the front bumper which occurred about 9 months ago, after which a service has been carried out and there were no issues with the ACC. There's no way that the sensors have been damaged through my fault, so why should I pay for them to be recalibrated. I will update here what happens, but this is obviously a car issue. It's like saying you shouldn't drive over speed humps as it will knock the sensors out! Surely such fragile equipment is a manufacturing issue? Anyone else had these issues?

I had mine done and it cost about £340 but I also had to have the bracket repaired too which took the price to North of £400.

My 2016 plate had however been written off so that probably explains why  mine needed recalibrating  :) 

Ok i see thanks. Sounds like there was some damage to your car then, but there was no obviously identifiable damage to mine. Just little scratches here and there. I will speak to Skoda customer services as I'm  not prepared to pay such a huge amount of money for a recalibration. If it was £50 I would have just paid it but £340 is ridiculous.

Have a look at this video and you will start to see why it costs so much.  Also not many garages have the kit because it is so expensive.

Thanks for that. I imagine the staff who have the equipment use it regularly though, so it's not as if they don't know how to use it and have to watch this video and go through it step by step. £340? I wish I could make that sort of money in an afternoon!

I've refused to pay it and will be contacting Skoda Customer Services. I will ask for their opinion if the front assist is not working and an accident occurs involving the front end - will they be liable for refusing to carry out work under warranty with no clear evidence of any damage (apart from some minor tyre damage which could have occurred going over a pothole and is most probably unrelated). I'll update what happens. Thanks