Brake light/pedal switch?

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 206TSI Superb (you guys call it a 280PS) and had the factory towbar installed (the removable one) and that's all good.

However, my trailer has electric brakes (are these legal in the UK?) but the controller requires an input from the brake pedal/lights.

As the car has LED tail lights, the PWM LEDs may not be a suitable input. Does anyone know if there is an actual switch attached to the pedal? Should I use the sensor on the master cylinder? or just install my own switch on the brake pedal?

I had the same controller on my 1Z Octavia RS, and being as it had incandescent brake lights, I utilised that for the brake controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OK, looks like its on the master cylinder. there is a plug with 4 wires coming out of it. I guess this is the brake pressure switch and hopefully a brake light signal that I can tap into

question is, does anyone know what is what??

so, after plugging in my trailer. none of the lights (perhaps the whole trailer module) function until the hitch is in place. logical, but had me stumped for a while as this didn't happen on my MK2 Octavia.

In Australia we use one line for brake lights, leaving the other one available. So, after seeing the error for a failed left trailer light, I thought I might use that output from the trailer module to activate the brake controller! it should create enough load to compensate for a lack of trailer light, and give me a steady voltage to activate the trailer brakes.

ill wire up in a few weeks and see what happens.