Hello, from another newbie.

DBennett

Hi everyone.

I'm about to have my second experience of Skoda ownership, after a lapse of a few decades (my first car was a rather nice 130 GL Estelle).

The one I'm getting tomorrow is an '04 Octavia Mk1 1.6 Ambiente with less than 25'000 miles, so I'm quite excited at the prospect.

I hope this will be a case of "Why did I wait so long to get another Skoda", and not.. "Why the *bleeep* did I bother!!"

I'll keep you posted, and thanks for a great place to chat. :)

• Like 1

Hello DBennett welcome to the Skoda forum good to have you with us .:)

:sleepy: Thanks for waking me up YS53 the thing is listen to the missus or go to sleep .;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DBennett said:

Hi everyone.

I'm about to have my second experience of Skoda ownership, after a lapse of a few decades (my first car was a rather nice 130 GL Estelle).

The one I'm getting tomorrow is an '04 Octavia Mk1 1.6 Ambiente with less than 25'000 miles, so I'm quite excited at the prospect.

I hope this will be a case of "Why did I wait so long to get another Skoda", and not.. "Why the *bleeep* did I bother!!"

I'll keep you posted, and thanks for a great place to chat. :)

That's pretty low mileage for a 13 year old car?  Do you know the history of the car?  Enjoy the forum!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superb170 said:

That's pretty low mileage for a 13 year old car?  Do you know the history of the car?  Enjoy the forum!

Thanks, Superb170.

It's just the one owner from new (fsh fully documented, and serviced every year regardless of mileage), and the chap has had to give up driving because of failing eyesight.

I've just got a minor issue with the idle at the moment (I gather it's just had a new battery fitted, so ecu may be having to relearn etc), but otherwise it's a little minter.

Edited by DBennett

13 minutes ago, DBennett said:

Thanks, Superb170.

It's just the one owner from new (fsh fully documented, and serviced every year regardless of mileage), and the chap has had to give up driving because of failing eyesight.

I've just got a minor issue with the idle at the moment (I gather it's just had a new battery fitted, so ecu may be having to relearn etc), but otherwise it's a little minter.

It would be a different story if it was diesel was that mileage but that sounds like a great buy!

• Like 1