Superb in Italy

Does anyone know how much difference  there would be in mpg running my car in sport mode as opposed  to eco.

At the moment  I'm  getting around 60 mpg around town and over 70mpg on a motorway trip in eco mode. We're driving  to Italy in September and wondered  what difference  there may be in sport mode. Handy to have a bit more power on German autobahns. Having said that, I'm not really sure how much more power sport mode would give me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

No extra power at all. It simply holds onto lower gears relevant to how hard you are on the accelerator and will change down to lower gear more frequently when going uphill etc. I would guess that using sport mode in a 1.6 td would achieve little other than higher fuel consumption. However, it is not going to be significant so just give it a go and see how you get on.

Enjoy your trip.

Sorry folks but i made a bit of a mess with this post. Actually managed to repost a previous post, but, hey ho.

I was  meant to start off a new topic, but as you can probably tell I'm not really goood with these kinda things.

So to start again.... we've set off on our trip to Italy and have stopped for the night in Munich Germany. Left home near Middlesbrough  on Wednesday afternoon, ferry from Hull to Europoort. Left Europoort this morning at 9am and arrived at Munich 6pm . So far 700 miles driven, car going  beautifully  and achieving 70mpg.

A long day and lots of road works on the autobahns ( not all they're cracked up to be)

Another 8 hour drive tomorrow and we will be in beautiful Lucca Italy.

Have driven most of the way in eco apart from a small stretch on a single carriageway road as a detour f    or an autobaun closure. Put it in sport for a while and was much more responsive. 

So all in all going well so far.