Hello Skoda World

Railman

I thought I had best join the 21st Century and join the Forum. I do drive a Skoda. A Superb, not a Classic but rare in itself. A 2006 Skoda Superb 1.8t Comfort Auto. Love the car, the comfort, pace, reliability (hope I haven't spoken too soon). The only gripe is the exorbitant road tax prices for tiptronic fitted vehicles. Had the shock of my life when I taxed it first time £520. At least **** Turpin wore a mask! The car however more than makes up for the tenner a week. Owned the vehicle for two years, bought it in Inverness and live in Nottinghamshire.

Didn't realize until recently there are only 13 on the road, not bad exclusivity for a couple of grand.

Edited by Railman

Welcome to the forum :hi:.   Tax is very high alright but you do have a very rare car as you say. If its any consolation, it is even higher in Ireland (on older cars anyway).  The same car would cost about €700 (over £600) a year to tax over here!

Edited by Superb170

Hello Gents,

Thanks for making me feel welcome! Yes, I cannot fathom why the tax is so high on Tiptronic Auto box vehicles. I was staggered after purchase. Don't think I would be able to sell it on, however I have no wish to given the car's condition, ride, comfort or reliability. It's a keeper.

• Like 1