boot badge replacement

mrcrow

my 58 1.4 Tdi level 3 boot badge is obviously plastic and the weather has taken its toll

the edges are fraying a bit and it looks dowdy...

i would like to replace it...so

what is the procedure and what should i look out for,  also where to buy one at a reasonable cost

its got the green laurel motif under the green arrow bird..that may cost me..??

cheers

geof

7 hours ago, blueR36 said:

thanks...i am glad you mentioned and showed the correct way...some youtubes show people just shoving screwdrivers or probes without the masking...then not using a hair dryer scraping all the adhesive pad remains with a stanley blade

ugh

i have be ebaying prices of skoda badges and find they range from 5.99 to 24.99 for a rear...traditional or the neat silver arrow bird model...which i think is cool and may put them front and back

failing that pricewise for both i will go for a traditional green one for the rear only....the front is ok for now...and i dont give it aggro when cleaning and waxing

my asking for where do i get one should have also said...a GOOD one...

so if i may, where did you buy yours...i guess with that gorgeous chariot you wouldnt put a plasicky one from china on the back

i did see on bad feedback from a chap who obviously bought one and complained he nearly put his thumb through it when pushing against it to open the boot...left a dent in it

not for me

thanks again for the reply...really appreciated

cheers

geof

I bought from Skoda I got 25% off as I bought parts regularly. I was the 1st person in the uk to change to the new logos , I ordered them front back and wheel centres 10 months earlier so there were no china copies back then 23rd may 2012

Edited by blueR36