Hello from Swindon

Hoarace

Hi all from Swindon (it's between Bristol and London for our international contributors :) )

Hopefully buying a 63/2014 Octavia III 1.4tsi (140) SE on Sunday (private sale), hence here I am.

Haven't even seen it yet, but got an AA inspection (and have looked locally before)  and know I want it! The chances of me spotting a problem the AA don't are 0.

Was holding out for an Elegance spec, but this one was very competitively priced to the point of not caring as much as I thought!

Anyway not much else to say. Thanks to Jasper Carrott for creating Skoda badge snobs which means (hopefully) a great car at a lower price.

If its anywhere near as reliable as the outgoing Avensis (11 years old, 155K, 1 breakdown due to dead battery) I'll be a happy bunny,

Oh, 1 thing, what is the Octavia service interval. I've seen 1 year...and I've seen "variable" and t "it depends on the oil used" but ???!

Hello Horace i'm sure one of the Mods can change your user name for you fix service if you don't do a lot of miles or stop starting with out the engine getting up to temp the other is higher miles motorway driving so on up to 20.000 miles flexible service .:)

2 hours ago, Hoarace said:

That's cool, was done in Feb 17 on 32k. Was wondering if crossing 40k would mean instant service required. No bother if so,  just prefer it not to :)

Not needed to be done until feb 18.B)