Huge increase on moving house

purdlemack

Hi all,

In August I moved house - going from busy town centre to quiet neighbourhood out of town. I'm insured with Adrian Flux at the moment as they were by far the best quote when the policy was up for renewal. 

My Octavia has a stage 1 remap from before me buying the car. I happened to see a service stamp from a performance garage who confirmed they had added it. Now that I know, I wouldn't want to not declare it (or run it on standard) so I want to keep everything above board.

When I moved, my policy went from around £500 to £1000 - due only to the change of address. Has anyone else had something similar? Are there other, better insurers than Adrian Flux?

3 hours ago, purdlemack said:

Hi all,

In August I moved house - going from busy town centre to quiet neighbourhood out of town. I'm insured with Adrian Flux at the moment as they were by far the best quote when the policy was up for renewal. 

My Octavia has a stage 1 remap from before me buying the car. I happened to see a service stamp from a performance garage who confirmed they had added it. Now that I know, I wouldn't want to not declare it (or run it on standard) so I want to keep everything above board.

When I moved, my policy went from around £500 to £1000 - due only to the change of address. Has anyone else had something similar? Are there other, better insurers than Adrian Flux?

I had to pay double my initial premium for changing registration plate with AF not long into a policy (unavoidable and pre-notified when taking it out). Changed address from a low risk postal code to a neighboring equally low one and only had to pay a small amount another week later from first adjustment... The address change wasn't a biggie for me with them, but it depends on which underwriter it is and what the terms are that AF has with them. Of course the whole post code lottery thing with insurance, some post codes are just listed as high risk etc. 

Random one found via google to check / compare postal codes risk:
https://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-insurance/insurance-post-code-risk.html

Edited by FUBAR
because

16 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to double check it for you.  Without looking at your details I could really comment on the difference in premium at the moment.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

All sorted now. If it was yourself who wrote to me, a huge thank you. Made my birthday!