Fabia 6y - central locking warning light always on

olesz

Hi all,

I have a Skoda Fabia MkI without remote keys.

I wanted remote keys so I executed the procedure described here: 

Bought a used central convenience module 6Q0 959 433 E, replaced my old 6Q0 959 433 H with it, programmed the remote keys with VCDS adaptation and so on.

Keys are working fine, locking, unlocking works but the warning light in the passanger door is always lit.

When putting back the old convenience module the warning light works as it should be (when the car is unlocked it is not lit, when the car is locked it is blinking).

Does anyone know why this is happening? Do I have a faulty central convenience module (I mean the new one, 6Q0 959 433 E)?

I checked the fault codes with VCDS, there aren't any which sould indicate a fault like this. (there are some at the engine - system too rich and so on).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

/Lajos

• 7 months later...

The problem was resolved by changing the micro switch in the driver's door. I knew it was faulty but couldn't imagine that it could cause the problem.

There is probably a newer SW version in 6Q0 959 433 E which lit up the warning light because of the faulty switch. Or I had some connectivity problems in the door and unplugging and the connectors made it disappear.

• Like 1