cd changer

MilanM

I'll have a look at what I've got in the box. I've bound to have a spare. It will be the cable to join it to the CD cable that I havn't got.

Pm me your address in Serbia. These things are heavy. If I can find one I'll see what the postage would be like.

• Like 1

This one on ebay has a lead. It is a round din plug connector to connect onto your existing CD changer lead. You take the CD changer out of the boot and plug this unit in instead.

You need to check and maybe take a photo of the CD changer lead end. They are not all round you see and that's the problem.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phatnoise-Phatbox-MP3-VW-Audi/183005208924?hash=item2a9bf5e15c:g:d5oAAOSw9V1aUoho

On 1/13/2018 at 10:58, Nackuk said:

This one on ebay has a lead. It is a round din plug connector to connect onto your existing CD changer lead. You take the CD changer out of the boot and plug this unit in instead.

You need to check and maybe take a photo of the CD changer lead end. They are not all round you see and that's the problem.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phatnoise-Phatbox-MP3-VW-Audi/183005208924?hash=item2a9bf5e15c:g:d5oAAOSw9V1aUoho

I've just got one of these - managed to install the software on windows 10 - connected the cradle but no led's light. Should it just work when you connect to the power source and connect USB or am i missing something really silly?

Power up, open the software, put the cartridge in, The red light will show on the front of the dock. And then wait, be patient sometimes it takes a while if I remember right from vista.. and then sometimes it just didn't want to see it.

Gave up in the end and got an XP laptop. works every time straight away.

I get no lights at all when I connect the power.  I've put XP on a virtual machine incase the software plays up. As it's imported do I need to make any wiring changes?

Nope, there should be no rewiring to do. It is plug and play.

I only use Phatnoise Music manager software. Found phatnoise media manager to be troublesome. You need the latest software version.

It is klunky but when you work out how it works it is simple and easy.

It  tired all the others and while it would work occasionally it often wouldn't.

Got a cheap XP laptop installed phatmusic manager on there - everthing works first time everytime. (BIG HINT)

The other methods I found are hit and miss on more modern systems.

Vortech on Phathack is a useful person to contact. And read this forum. Sign up - ahhhhj I can see your there. He can take a while to reply.

https://forum.phathack.com/index.php?board=13.0

-------

Your first issue is getting your PC to see the docking station.

It will only do this if the docking station is powered. The usb is in the PC and finally, put the cartdrige in the docking station. Give it a moment and it should then be seen. The light will flash once if I remember.

You are better off with a USB2 docking unit by the way - much quicker.

What ever you do DO NOT FORMAT OR DELETE the drive, it is signed. Delete the signature on the drive and it all gets very very very hard.

Then you will need this:

https://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,5127.0.html

DMS tools.

If your having problems download this anyway. It allows you to change the firmware (tot he right car and head unit) on the drive which will update the Phat nosie unit. 

Read the forum carefully.

But my biggest hint would be to get and old XP laptop.

Edited by Nackuk

Milanm, if we can get postage sorted I have a spare system for you from all these bits. One was in dads superb, hence so much of the stuff as I ripped it out before he traded it in. YOU would  need  get a power  for the docking station.

1516565849295-973835855.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got no power at all to my docking station. Can you still buy  these separate? Can't seem to find one - I tried a local repair shop but they wouldn't look at it.