WIFI Hotspot Connection

Just taken delivery of my new 2018 Octavia and and am finding connection to the WiFi with my iPhone 7 ‘flaky’ to say the least.  Any tips or phone settings I may be missing?  Hotspot is on on the phone, connection accepted, decent 4G signal, but very random.

• 1 month later...

Same problem with Kodiaq  does not seen to remember previous connections to Hotspot  on my admittedly older iPhone 5S. running IOS 11.2.5

I seen to have to find the connection again every time I start the car.

Connection with USB to iphone fine but no online connection.

So Go to menu, settings , wireless LAN  can see iPhone but grayed out. try find but does not connect.

So go to iPhone turn off Hotspot, then turn Hotspot back on again.

The go to Skoda wireless LAN and click find again this time it connects ok.

This can't be right! 

• 3 months later...

Sorry I'm late to this topic - I got my Karoq last week and I have the same problem with the Columbus.

I spoke at length to Skoda UK - initially because I was having a problem getting the PIN generated - but when we got to the hotspot activation it transpires that it is a known problem with the EE network/ Skoda Connect and the iphone.

Skoda are apparently working on a fix.

My wife's Android phone on the TalkTalk network does not have a problem.