new car ideas!

VRS Mike

I've seen older cheaper cars like Clios with diamond cut alloys that seem to last ok, The BMW ones are particularly bad.

On 18/01/2018 at 14:23, Aspman said:

I've seen older cheaper cars like Clios with diamond cut alloys that seem to last ok, The BMW ones are particularly bad.

I’ve passed up on the car, I’ve found another which seems very genuine, although it’s lower spec’d It’s £1500 cheaper, lower miles, with BMW warranty and service pack remaining. Going to view tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Aspman said:

Make sure it's got the options you do want ;)

It doesnt, but it has my must haves. I’ve done a deal in principal and all things going well will collect tomorrow. 

Shocking whats optional on these cars 

Went to view the M135i and it’s now sat on my drive. Cars mint and properly Jekyll and Hyde. In eco plus it’s very docile. Put into Sport and opened it up and it’s savage, in the wet and cold I didn’t dare to put it into Sport +. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aspman said:

The TC stays firmly on in my car. And it's x-drive.

Yours will be one scary little beasty :D

Have fun :thumbup:

Apparently in Sport + the stability control is still active, had the back end out exiting a tight roundabout in comfort mode after giving it some boot, perfectly controllable and good fun!

• Haha 1

In Sport+ the stability is still on but it allows quite a large angle of drift, my old 120d would be a laugh on wet roundabouts. It would snap back if you over correct the drift which makes you crap yourself the first time it happens!

7 hours ago, VRS Mike said:

Apparently in Sport + the stability control is still active, had the back end out exiting a tight roundabout in comfort mode after giving it some boot, perfectly controllable and good fun!

Wet ,damp or dry?

2 hours ago, matt1chelski said:

Nice! Any pictures? What colour and spec did you go for? M135/140 (& 340i) are on my radar at the moment. 

Not had a chance to take any photos and it's currently filthy, it's white, auto, spec is a little random, reversing camera, light pack, business sat nav, heated seats, heated steering wheel, xenons, a few others I can't think of at the moment.

I'd have liked adaptive suspension, folding mirrors, and the full back panel display, but the car was low mileage, just had 4 new tyres, mint, under BMW warranty and with the remainder of a 5 year service pack left over, and I'm impatient and wanted one now!

• Like 2

Poor photo but I’ve been really busy with work and assessments for joining the fire service. 

The car is fantastic, I’m really pleased with my choice in the end. My Mrs drove it on the weekend, it made some lovely exhaust noises as she drove away, it’s very refined inside so you don’t appreciate just how good it sounds. 

I’m looking forward to improved weather where I can properly enjoy the performance and the car not get filthy after every drive. 

99221E64-8F3C-4F90-94A9-B60D2EBB5070.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I seem to have missed all this action :D Good choice sir :) Now give Cotswolds a ring and get some M performance parts on it ;) MPE for £750 fitted is so well worth it :(  Comfort mode, the exhaust is as quiet as stock, and it gets noisier and 'parpier' as you go up the modes. At this time of year I often drive with the 'Vehicle Status' screen on as it shows tyre temps. Essential with the MPSS when they are cold. Sport+ and cold tyres means you spin wheels up to and beyond 70mph on a dry road :D 

You could have bought mine. One lady owner, you know and never rallied either. Basically it's like a pensioner has owned it for 3 years :) 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2018 at 03:33, Lady Elanore said:

I seem to have missed all this action :D Good choice sir :) Now give Cotswolds a ring and get some M performance parts on it ;) MPE for £750 fitted is so well worth it :(  Comfort mode, the exhaust is as quiet as stock, and it gets noisier and 'parpier' as you go up the modes. At this time of year I often drive with the 'Vehicle Status' screen on as it shows tyre temps. Essential with the MPSS when they are cold. Sport+ and cold tyres means you spin wheels up to and beyond 70mph on a dry road :D 

You could have bought mine. One lady owner, you know and never rallied either. Basically it's like a pensioner has owned it for 3 years :) 

If I had known yours would have become available I could have waited lol. I want to get an MPE but I'm trying to be sensible until I know what's happening with work etc.

• Like 1