Skoda Columbus MIB1

Hi all

I have a 2014 Octavia with and MIB1 Columbus. I have previously been able to upload files from the Pocket GPS site to the VW site to create a Personal POI file that installed and showed on my system.

In the last few months the site appears to have stopped supporting MIB1 and only creates MIB2 files.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this?

Thanks

Garnett

I am keen to do the same but glad I am not going first! Skoda changed my MIB1 under warranty last year. They claim to have looked at an MIB2 as I have all the issues such as useless DAB but they said it was not compatible.

I have spoken to possibly the same supplier as you who tells me that they can supply the unit and will pre-code the L&K screen etc. Apparently I only need an MIB2 unit and not the screen unit. I will be interested to see if Apple Play and the other MIB2 features work 'off the shelf'.

I have proper VCSD so if you need to make changes I am happy to lend it to you if you don't have it. PM me your address if you need to.  I just need to know what you needed to do in return!

Is there any market for the MIB1 Columbus units 2nd hand?

Cheers

Garnett

Edited by Garnett