Help - sound upgrade on Amundsen touch screen

Does anyone have any info on the lastest touch screen Amundsen infotainment (not Canton) - power output per channel etc? or have they removed the headunit?

Used to install my own car hifi systems many moons ago but gave up due to the complexity of modern cars, besides sound is usually 'acceptable' nowadays. Or at least for the past 14 years it's been acceptable with the exception of the Amunsdsen system in my Octavia 3 FL. How could Skoda get it so wrong?

So before I start pulling trim off, any ideas what I should expect to find? i.e. Is the headunit facia just a flat screen with the internals of the system located elsewhere?

How are the speakers wired?  i.e. where's the filter for the tweeters? Is it simply a case of 4-channel out from headunit in to each door speaker and then tweeters fed from corresponding mid-bass unit or are tweeters fed directly from headunit? What size are those mid-bass units?

Been looking thru these forums for ideas but so far found very little re-upgrading. Most people express their plans but never seem to follow up on them.

Still working out the best system for me - I'm only after clearer sound with sharp bass, not a mobile disco. Budgeting around £500 (will be doing all the work myself). Initial thoughts are taking high-level speaker outputs direct to 5 channel amp, be looking at 40w RMS per channel back to speakers + 150w RMS to 10" sub.   #1 goal is avoiding cutting in to existing wiring loom where possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.   

Edited by Guest