1.0 MPi servicing tips

I'm about to have a go at servicing my sons Fabia Colour Edition, after buying a kit comprising of plugs, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter are any special tools required or is it pretty straightforward? I am no stranger to tinking mechanicially but know nothing about these engines so any tips would be appreciated.

One thing I have never done is change the fuel filter, where is it ? done a bit of google searching and they all seem to show the mk 1 & 2 !

Hi it's done 42K, so if the fuel filter doesn't need changing I might leave it for now it just came as part of the servicing kit, however he's constantly (against my best advice) running the tank lower than low (so the MFD as 0 Range and the fuel gauge doesn't move !). Asking for trouble I know but then at 21 he obviously knows better :doh:

The fuel filter on my wife's previous 2002 Polo 1.4 75PS lasted for the 13 years and 105K miles we owned it from new, though I do still have a new filter complete with coupling repair kit etc hiding in the airing cupboard.

Running a tank low, and very low, my best mate used to try that trick with his old SAAB 96s, I think that we got a phone call twice from him after they had been visiting us, asking if I could appear with a gallon of petrol, which luckily I always seemed to be able to do - where were drink/drive laws back then?

This seems to be the wrong use of new facilities, ie the fuel computer - ie using the range read out, on all my previous cars with fuel computers, and all of them since 1984 have had fuel computers, it is only our current cars that "force" that information on you, in all the older ones we had to go looking for it, so probably did not make as much use of it - I too tend to use that info, but I hope, wisely.