Dealer Fit Accessories

The dealer fit roof rack stuff is all Thule kit, and can be had a lot cheaper from many places - including Halfords, surprisingly enough (especially when they have their offers on and you can get an extra 10% off through British Cycling membership).

I've not yet had cause to put my roof rack on Yogi yet (advantage of having an estate with roof bars before, I don't need a new roof rack) - but I'm still not convinced I like the idea of trying to load anything up there anyway because of the height... I'm seriously considering a tow bar + cycle carrier, but after some of the horror stories on here I'm not sure if an after-market tow bar is such a good idea (maybe the £800 or so for the factory fit one isn't such a bad price after all!).

And as much as I hate brown cars - I do like the Cappuccino on the Kodiaq, it just suits it so well. I saw one in a showroom and it looked really nice... might have been tempted if they hadn't also had a Petrol Blue one to sway me in that direction.

I had oroginal skoda fit roof bars fir my 2015 fabia estate and they fitted so well. No need to mess about with adjusting the feet and the tool it comes with but i guess thats whst you pay for. They look and feel really good quality for the price. The bar width themselves are wider than skoda original. Have heard thr tow bar on Kodiaqs are a contentious issue.....

Im pretty sure the skoda original and VAG stuff is produced by Kamei.

Not to bothered about loading stuff up top as long as its secure. Guess if things fall off it would be down to user error.

The colour is lovely i must admit. In some light it looks sliver and in others a mix of sliver and brown. Strange but lovely colour.

2 hours ago, KENT_FABIA said:

Im pretty sure the skoda original and VAG stuff is produced by Kamei.

You may be right - I assumed it was all Thule stuff given that the roofbox shown on the configurator looks like a rebranded Thule one (it certainly doesn't look like any of the Kamei ones).

Those bars look very similar to the 'Thule WingBars' I have. They've served me well for transporting our roof box on the last two Octavia estates.

Thule WingBars - 961

Thule Foot Pack - 757

Checking Thules website though it looks like I'll need to buy a new foot pack to fit the Kodiaq roof rails, hopefully my current bars are long enough to fit the increased width of the Kodiaq.

20180407_102818.thumb.jpg.b53951692fb3ea815d26333059caa999.jpg

20180407_102859.thumb.jpg.390ea795222cf028c020f31d727d7c89.jpg

The Cruz design follows the 'wing bar' design and having driven with it attached to roof bars i can confirm there is no whistle as i used to get with my skoda orginal bars for ex fabia estate. At £99 i think overal design and quality is good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Those bars look very similar to the 'Thule WingBars' I have. They've served me well for transporting our roof box on the last two Octavia estates.

Thule WingBars - 961

Thule Foot Pack - 757

Checking Thules website though it looks like I'll need to buy a new foot pack to fit the Kodiaq roof rails, hopefully my current bars are long enough to fit the increased width of the Kodiaq.

20180407_102818.thumb.jpg.b53951692fb3ea815d26333059caa999.jpg

20180407_102859.thumb.jpg.390ea795222cf028c020f31d727d7c89.jpg

The bars i got were measured at 128cm and i think i had 4cm either side of the bars

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Checking Thules website though it looks like I'll need to buy a new foot pack to fit the Kodiaq roof rails,

What foot pack do you have now? I was planning on using the same ones as I did on the O3... didn’t even occur to me it would be different because they are the feet to attaching to roof rails.

Or is it simply a case of Thule releasing a newer version - what does it suggest for the O3 now?

I have foot pack number 757 which with the 961 WingBars are the recommended combination for both the MkII and MkIII Octavia estate...

Capture.JPG.433f3522b00e608b4ec08108d37ef154.JPG

However, for the Kodiaq Thule recommend the 775 foot pack. After a 'Google Image' search they appear to be very different in design to the 757 foot pack so I'm assuming the 757 feet won't fit the Kodiaq. However I will be trying them before splashing out on new ones...

5ac910569c212_Capture1.JPG.8a224cac912eed87e69d9709e54d0567.JPG

I also noticed they recommend a different WingBar too, 969 versus 961, they look identical though so I'm assuming the difference is down to their length, Thule recommending a longer bar for the wider Kodiaq?

I'll be sure to try what I have now on the car when it arrives before buying new parts.

1 hour ago, KENT_FABIA said:

The bars i got were measured at 128cm and i think i had 4cm either side of the bars

Just measured my current Thule 961 bars, they are 122.5cm long.

Might be a touch short for the Kodiaq...

20180407_194458.thumb.jpg.1bb19bbf16cda488da98e25ccfa63941.jpg

43 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

44 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

20180407_194458.thumb.jpg.1bb19bbf16cda488da98e25ccfa63941.jpg

I think they will be a tad short. Just checked my bars and they are 128cm long. 

• Like 1

Rightyho - I've just been and had a try-out of my roof bars. It would appear that I have 120cm (according to the sticker on the bottom) Thule AeroBars, which have served me well enough for at least 5 years now on a BMW 1 series and the O3 vRS estate. The same Thule 757 roof rail foot pack that I used on the O3 would appear to fit perfectly fine on the Kodiaq, and so I have no intentions whatsoever of buying new feet.

As for the bar length... they overhang enough that the end of the bars are in line with the top of the side window trim when lined up with the c-pillar. In my opinion, they don't look too short, but they are probably about as short as you would want to go. It looks like the WingBar is available in 118cm and 127cm - I'd definitely recommend the longer ones if you want/need new ones, but I'm not about the splash out when the ones I have will do just fine for the limited use they will get, especially as I can easily get a couple of bikes in the back of the Kodiaq!

5aca1c58d94d8_IMG_0139(1).thumb.jpg.87d5fd049ea8cd108376f01fe2cdb181.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Rightyho - I've just been and had a try-out of my roof bars. It would appear that I have 120cm (according to the sticker on the bottom) Thule AeroBars, which have served me well enough for at least 5 years now on a BMW 1 series and the O3 vRS estate. The same Thule 757 roof rail foot pack that I used on the O3 would appear to fit perfectly fine on the Kodiaq, and so I have no intentions whatsoever of buying new feet.

As for the bar length... they overhang enough that the end of the bars are in line with the top of the side window trim when lined up with the c-pillar. In my opinion, they don't look too short, but they are probably about as short as you would want to go. It looks like the WingBar is available in 118cm and 127cm - I'd definitely recommend the longer ones if you want/need new ones, but I'm not about the splash out when the ones I have will do just fine for the limited use they will get, especially as I can easily get a couple of bikes in the back of the Kodiaq!

5aca1c58d94d8_IMG_0139(1).thumb.jpg.87d5fd049ea8cd108376f01fe2cdb181.jpg

Looking good imo.

Not too short or too long.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone gone for a rear bumper protector on their Kodiaq?

I appreciate there isn't much of a top lip to protect on the Kodiaq, my main reason for getting one was for aesthetics, however the top surface of the rear bumper is completely hidden when the tailgate is closed. So with all that considered a bumper protector makes little sense.

However, in my determination to try to justify getting one I found that Milotec do two, a small one as per Superskoda, as described above, but they also do a bigger one that extends down the vertcal face of the rear bumper, covering the black plastic honeycomb section between the rear red reflectors.

I quite like it, especially the way it will compliment the silver effects of the Scouts rear bumper.

The images don't do it justice as they've used a silver coloured Kodiaq...

3650_0.jpg.2831593567a3d9508b1524d23fcd3b60.jpg

€79.00 (£70) plus shipping, ouch. But I want :D

https://milotec.de/index.php?language=en&cat=c471_Ladekantenschutz.html&XTCsid=d8cdeb08efc11acca22f127945f58fe2

• 2 weeks later...

Is your question a suggested alternative to the bumper protector?

I haven't yet got my Kodiaq, so I'm not sure what floor it will have (7-seater with spare wheel). I didn't realise the boot floor was reversible.

I've got the genuine Skoda boot mat / liner ready to fit, this is rubber on one side and carpet on the other. More info here...

9 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I haven't yet got my Kodiaq, so I'm not sure what floor it will have (7-seater with spare wheel). I didn't realise the boot floor was reversible.

I think Pjmartin was referring to the double-sided / reversible boot mat, but I could be wrong. The normal boot floor of the Kodiaq certainly isn't reversible (at least not on my 7-seat Edition!).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pjmartin said:

Have you considered using the reversible false boot floor? One side is carpeted the over is coated. You simply lift the false floor, pull it out, flip it over and refit.

I’ve just been out and looked at mine, and you certainly can fit the false floor the other way with the carpet side down and slightly dished plastic tray side up. Not sure if it’s ment to be reversible, but it’s an option to keep the carpet clean.

F9098B32-9CFE-4EB1-9D85-0A2E75DDEA31.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
Photo added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

I think Pjmartin was referring to the double-sided / reversible boot mat, but I could be wrong. The normal boot floor of the Kodiaq certainly isn't reversible (at least not on my 7-seat Edition!).

No, I was referring to what Kenny R has kindly posted a photo of above.

Thanks Kenny 

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

Not sure if it’s ment to be reversible

It’s not - if it was, then it would be rubber on the other side and Skoda would almost certainly count it as another feature to have in the brochure. However, if it works for you doing that, then why not?

57 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

It’s not - if it was, then it would be rubber on the other side and Skoda would almost certainly count it as another feature to have in the brochure. However, if it works for you doing that, then why not?

I’m afraid you’re incorrect because it does mention it!

F295AED6-11BA-4E0C-B63A-1A803163CC90.png

Edited by Pjmartin
Amendment to text
  • Like 2