Yorkshire 3 Peaks - Any Advice?

penguin17

I have decided to have a crack at the 3 peaks this Thursday as there seems to be a gap in the recent wet weather.  Plan is to park in Horton in Ribblesdale and attempt the route in an anti-clockwise direction, going up Pen-y-ghent first.   I'm going to start at around 0530-0600 and use a head torch, if needed, for the first part.   I have the OL2 map ready, with the full route marked and because I'm also quite excited my kit is ready to go :)   

I'm used to walking that type of distance in a single day but I'm walking solo and a bit further away from home this time so can't easily rely on friends and family should something go wrong.  The days are starting to get longer but I still want to be finished well before the sun starts to drop. 

I'm just looking for any advice and helpful tips in ensuring I don't come unstuck or can make things a little smoother on the day. 

TIA 

• 2 weeks later...

Have just seen this.  I hope you had a successful day?

I did the 3 Peaks last year and found the hardest bit was the long stretch between Pen-y-ghent & Whernside, not because it was physically challenging but because it takes so long to get there.