Time from Emden

14 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

I finally received some communication from my dealer. My car was built w/c 23rd April, arrived at Grimsby on Thursday 3rd May. Dealer is promising we should be able to take delivery of it by Wednesday 16th May. So all things being well, that will make it 10 weeks from placing an order to taking delivery. 

Mine was ordered on 28th January, built on 4th April and I picked it up yesterday.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 05/04/2018 at 19:08, TumnusCat said:

Roughly how long does it take for a car to get from Emden to here? I purchased on Wednesday of last week and the car was in Emden as a stock car. I dropped some paperwork to the dealer today and the bear is still in Emden. Dealer didn't know when it would get transported to the UK.

I get impatient easily!

Me too (Well dont we all? 🤔😉)

On 05/04/2018 at 21:02, silver1011 said:

Ooh, so many questions!

Emden, as in northern Germany?

Seems an unusual port to ship out of, or is this the main VAG port, so is placed for VW and Audi manufactured vehicles?

I'd heard Emden mentioned before, but had assumed it was in the Netherlands or Belgium somewhere, closer to Rotterdam or Zeebrugee.

How do Skoda's get from the plant in the Czech Republic to Emden, via train or road?

Do all Skoda ships from Emden to Sheerness, or are there more northerly ports? I'm sure my 2008 Octavia was PDI'd at a dealer in Grimsby before heading straight to Milton Keynes as a Skoda HQ car, so I assumed Grimsby was the port of entry into the UK.

Does the guy in Emden look at where in the UK the car is destined for, and therefore decides which ship/port would reduce the road transportation in the UK, i.e. a car destined for a Scottish dealer is routed to a northern rather than southern UK port?

And what about Northern Ireland dealers (not many!). 'Could' come up from Eire?