Spare Bulbs

I have a Skoda Kodiaq SEL on order due for build next week.
It is booked for 2 trips abroad this year and one of the french legal restrictions is a spare bulb set

How do i get spare bulbs as this is an LED headlight set? Is it reasonable to be able to change these yourself if one goes?

Cheers

According to Superskoda there are three choices of genuine Skoda spare bulb sets for a Kodiaq.

The first (565052000A) is for Kodiaq's equipped with halogen headlights (S, SE and SE Technology), the second and third for cars equipped with the LED headlights (SE L, Edition, Scout & SportLine).

Not sure what 'SBBR Top' and 'SBBR Basis' means though, I'm guessing it relates to the rear lights in terms of Skoda's 'high functionality' and 'low functionality'.

'SBBR Top' (565052000D) includes fuses only, no bulbs, so I'm guessing this is for a car with full LED front and rear lights (high functionality) where the indicator and reverse lights are LED.

Those cars with regular incandescent indicator and reverse light bulbs (low functionality) is probably 'SBBR Basis' (565052000C) as this kit contains the amber indicator bulb and clear reverse light bulb...

Capture.JPG.9d086b1367c85e6a737b35c42b053dba.JPG

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Lights/

For a UK spec SE L (LED headlights and high functionality rear lights) I'd assume you need 565052000D, which actually contains no bulbs!

LED bulbs are not designed to be changed when they fail, generally the whole light cluster needs to be changed as a complete unit, the theory being LED's last much longer than regular incandescent bulbs are should last the life of the car.

Edited by silver1011

I tthink the key thing is that none of the Kodiaqs have "LED bulbs".  They aren't bulbs; they are "fittings", or "units", or something.

A law requiring you to carry a set of "spare bulbs" surely can't apply where the car doesn't have any bulbs.

Thanks I ordered and received this - SBBR Top' (565052000D) - it was just fuses but going to be going in the car non the least.
I hope not to have an issue with the bulb as LED bulbs are supposed to last a long time, i don't like the idea of an argument with a gendarme!

Haven’t changed a bulb since my previous Superb popped 2 dip beam H7 bulbs during 6+ years of ownership.

A 2 minute job.

I wouldn’t worry too much.

Go take a look inside the lamps and just think about whether there’s anything that can be replaced. Or not.

I tootled across the water without a care in the world.

Didn’t pop a bulb.

Didn’t  get accosted by the Polis.