Tyre/road rumble feeling through brake pedal?

On 4/24/2018 at 21:58, cradleyheathen said:

Ive had my new fabia for one month now. 

I'm feeling the tyre rumble on the road through my brake pedal when braking. The brakes are working ok but im only getting it on the brake pedal and not on clutch or accelerator pedal

Any ideas?

It could just be the new tyres bedding in. Have you checked tyre pressure they could be over inflates. Have you any newly resurfaced road near you it could be vibration from ŕough road surface. When i got my car it was bliss running on newly resurfaced road. If you think it's non of these get the garage you bought it from to check it out Joe

Yes, I have noticed this as well, I have a recent built Fabia with Bridgestone tyres. I’m guessing you have discs all round as well. My previous 2015 Fabia with Continental tyres and drum brakes didn’t do it.

I have mentioned it to the dealer in passing conversation very recently and was told that my Fabia has a pre fill system fitted which tries to judge when your about to brake heavy from a rapid withdrawal from accelerator and primes the braking system. Whether that is any thing to do with what feel I get from pedal is unknown at this stage. I would suspect this is dealer brown stuff talk. The brakes haven’t inspired confidence since new and are not performing as expected even when taking into consideration the running in period. I’ve certainly driven many new cars where the brakes are powerful and perform well straight out the box. My Fabia does not. I have found a problem with my Front brake disc/pad which I would suspect is causing the brake pedal feel I have. 

I will be returning to the dealers at the earliest opportunity to report the fault.

Edited by Pumatron
Since found a fault on brakes after writing post.