VRS missing from CarWOW

Hello all.

I'm coming to the end of my PCP on my Octy 3 in October so starting to look for a replacement. I'm thinking of going for a new VRS. Last time around I used CarWow to get a great deal, so a month or so ago I went back to them and again got some great quotes for a new VRS. I got married last Saturday so the car had to go on the back burner until that was out of the way but I've been back to CarWow this week looking to get the ball rolling and find that you can no longer spec a VRS and my previous offers are no longer available because 'the manufacturer has changed the spec' and to build a new one (which I can't do because the VRS isn't an option anymore).

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I know they do model updates around this time of year as when I ordered my current car I managed to get the auto park and ACC chucked in for free due to the model specs changing over. Is it because we're between model years, or because there is not build capacity left because the VRS is so popular right now (thought I read something about this?)?

This will be my first time coming to the end of a PCP deal and don't want to be left without a car when the music stops, or miss out on any (admittedly, likely negligible) equity I have in it towards the new one because I can't source one to coincide with the current one going back.

The Petrol VRS has only been available from stock since February, and the Diesel went the same way a month or so ago - there is a model year change coming up so it's probably due to that.

There is a fairly big change to the engines coming up, so the MY change is looking to be week 31 i think. The rumors are orders will open up again in August for deliveries September/October.

• Like 1

Looks like the timing could work out for the OP. If not the supplying dealer can probably sort out a loan for a week or two?

I had an online chat session with Skoda last week to confirm that the diesel vRS was no longer available to build new, just stock. When I asked about the MY19 models etc, they said order books would open sometime soon but first deliveries wouldn’t be until early 2019.

Im looking at stock petrol for a delivery in a month or so but if the new model isn’t that far away, it makes sense for me to wait a little longer......

Think I need another chat with a Skoda!

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2018 at 19:32, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Some of the brokers are a bit slow to update their pricing manifests.

The new Focus, for example, has only just appeared on CarWOW and, even then, only in its petrol guise.  DriveTheDeal only has the old shape Focus.

CarWow were pretty quick with the 245 last year.  It was on there before it was on the Skoda configurator IIRC.