Who owned this MK1 vRS

lfc958

HI 

Has anyone on here owned black fabia vrs reg GK07 ZCO ? Orignally bought from dutton foreshaw Maidstone.

I am asking as it has leather that looks VERY much like a Seat surgeons job.

ta

Hi mate,

I believe Darren has just sold it (I don't think he's on here), from what i remember i think they were the optional extra leathers with the red piping around the outside.

Joe 

Yes I have just bought it from him,  Had a 53 plate vrs - black and leather was not an option, it became std as part of the SE runout.

There was however a group buy at Seat Surgeons on 2004, but could not afford it , I did hear - whether tru or not, that they would offer a small discount to brisky members after the group buy, and this looks very much like a Seat Surgeons jobbie.

Not when I bought my 53 plate they were not.

They may have been a later option when the SE started manufacture to make the leather profitable for Skoda.

Not really, given that the SE was a parts-bin special that used up all the old unsold options from the factory. The seat upright covers were removed from the cars at the docks and the numbers were stiched into them and the backrest covers were then replaced. 

The car in this post has them, it’s a 55 reg, so MY2005. If your ‘53 plate was one of the initial Long-gearbox cars it’s possible it was sold before they had finalised the options. They only made a couple of hundred of those and then the MY2004 cars had a slightly different specification which ran through until MY2006 (When the ASZ engine was replaced with the BLT etc.). 

If the seats you’re talking about are the smooth leather type with the vRS logo stiched into the back, they’re Factory fit options.

Edited by wja96