Rapid front-assist

Hello,

I apologies if there is a topic that discussed that on the past, but i didn't found one.

Next week i should pick my new Rapid, and it comes with the front-assist option. From the salesman i found that on the Rapid the front-assist won't brake on it's own, and only will attention the driver, and that only from Octavia above will brake. A saw a video with a Fabia that brake. So i wonder if the salesman was wrong.

Does anyone knows how the front assist works on Rapid.

Thanks

A quick Google search says the front assist brakes the car to avoid a collision.

I have no idea if this option differs in other countries, others may be able to help there?

This is from the rapid manual:

The system support is provided in the following manner.
Alerts you about a dangerous proximity to the vehicle ahead.
Warns you of an impending collision.
Assists with a brake action triggered by the driver.
If the driver fails to respond to a detected danger, an automatic braking ac-
tion is performed

So it looks like it alerts you first, applies the brakes harder when you are pressing the brake and if you do nothing then it will brake for you. I assume that this is what the others do - I've never had it on a car before