'Ello John got a new motor

boneman

Time for a change.

Had the Octavia vRS for five years and now and it's being replaced by this so it needs a new owner!

Lexus is 300h F Sport. 2.5litre petrol hybrid, It's a real smooth operator.

IMG_8277.thumb.JPG.a22744cc0d7bdd706824e7a743251fa6.JPGIMG_8279.thumb.JPG.843584813aee0208d568f3e3763e034a.JPG457637230_lexusfsportcarlisle01-Copy.jpg.cb2499f713ac4f93bbe7073ce0cb9a02.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superb170 said:

How do you find the auto box in the Lexus compared to the DSG?

Hi,

The auto in the Lexus is a constantly variable system eCVT which works differently to DSG. I find the DSG is a bit slow to respond with initial throttle opening when pulling away into traffic so need to get the power on a bit earlier than manual gearbox or eCVT. In comparison the eCVT responds instantly and is very smooth and this is really good in town and traffic jams. When you halt, the petrol engine stops and the car is completely silent, when you move away the initial getaway is silent electric power (EV) with the petrol engine seamlessly starting  almost straight away.  When you floor it the engine revs and holds its revs as the car accelerates then the revs drop away and at 70mph may be only 1500 - 1700rpm. The car doesn't have the same torque as the diesel but it has the same 0-60 time.

I would recommend test driving and get it on the motorway to see if you like it. Lexus dealers very happy to let you test drive, I had at least half a dozen test drives at different dealers around the country. I actually bought mine from Lexus Carlisle 300 miles north of me, well worth the trip for the spec and the price.

I've advertised my vRS in the FOR SALE section if anyone is interested if no response in a week it's going to Webuyanycar.

• Like 1

DSG - Direct Shift Gearbox, this type of gearbox is again advanced comparative to the above two gearboxes. This gearbox is a dual-clutch transmission; although it does not have a clutch pedal for you to use. It will pre-select the next gear and keeps it running for the gear shift and is much faster when it comes to shifting from one gear to the next.
The reliability of the three gearboxes are directly related to the wear and tear, the AMT still uses the clutch mechanism and the CVT does not use a clutch at all, as for the DSG, it requires a dual clutch to engage a gear. read more from custom essay writing service

The DSG  is a fast gear change but these are controlled by software. From experience, from a standstill there is a small delay from pressing accelerator and car moving and this is noticeable particularly when joining busy roundabouts and it's slower than a manual and an eCVT. On the move you can pretend you're an F1 driver and have fast changes using flappy paddles or lever, great when overtaking or pressing on, I would have loved it on my Scooby. The eCVT is constantly variable and when you want to overtake the engine revs increase to get more power and away you go albeit not as punchy acceleration as the DSG diesel.