Corrupted dispay

My Mk III Fabia 1.2 SE TSI estate (2015) had a hissy fit a few weeks ago with the electrics, it wiped all the radio preset stations, altered the central locking so that only the drivers door unlocks (discovered that two click will open everything). I've managed to sort this out in the settings of the on-board computer so that everything opens with one click of the remote. The most annoying aspect is that the dashboard display in front of the steering wheel now doesn't know show which station the radio is tuned to. I can get all sorts of information regarding fuel, distance, speed etc. Does anyone have any idea how to reinstate the original display?

The little display in our Fabia is left showing the speed, and seldom gets moved to anything else (in the distance/oil temp/consumption selection).

I had forgotten that you can change through the menu options on the instrument display to show what you can select on the "infotainment system" by faffing about with the right hand button/wheel on the steering wheel.

Anyway, assuming your steering wheel menu selector isn't broken, and your menu selection is limited, try a "factory reset" of the instrument cluster.

I did the equivalent of this on my Rapid, and got back the service interval display.

Here's the section copied from the Bolero manual:

› Press the key "car icon" → "cog icon" → Factory settings.

In this menu you have the possibility to reset the menu items in the settings of the vehicle systems to factory settings.
Reset all settings and data
All settings - Restoration of the settings all menu items
■ Reset individual settings/data
■ Driver assistance - Restoration of the Driver assistance menus
■ Parking and manoeuvring - Restoration of the Parking and manoeuvring
menu items
■ Light - Restoration of the Light menus
■ Background lighting - Restoration of the Background lighting menu
■ Mirrors and wipers - Restoration of the Mirrors and wipers menu
■ Opening and closing - Restoration of the Opening and closing menu
Instrument cluster - Restoration of the Instrument cluster menu

If one of the above menu items is selected, the system will ask you whether
you really want to restore the settings.

Cancel - Return to higher-level menu
Reset - Restore the settings

HTH

John H

Umm... I'm guessing that @Bowlingman doesn't need to do all of that resetting ??

Have you pressed the Right-most button on the Steering wheel ?  The one that brings up options like "Driving Data", Vehicle Info, Telephone, etc.. The Scroll Wheel beside that button will move between the different options .. think it's the "Audio" screen you want to highlight. Select it by clicking down on the Scroll wheel itself .. or just leave it for a few seconds (10?) and it'll select itself. 

Then, once Radio is selected on the Bolero unit, the centre screen shows the station list you want. ( If you're on Media on the Bolero, the centre screen will show Track titles etc.. )

Edited by Mithane

Don't have any buttons, scroll wheels on the steering wheel but have found that there's a small rocker switch on the end of the wiper control stalk which appears to do a similar job. Byplaying around with thi I have managed to restore the original display settings.

• Like 1